A slightly descending cart trail takes you further on to Gurgler Alm pasturelands, a 8000-year old cultural landscape with the stone shepherds hut. Heading to the upper valley in the foothills of Hangerer peak, you pass a small chapel before ascending again to the old border hut and – across the saddle – to Langtalereck hut.
Getting thereObergurgl-Hochgurgl is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingIn Obergurgl-Hochgurgl the following parking facilities are available:
- Parking garage (center of Obergurgl), chargeable, € 2,00 per hour
- Parking garage - bottom station Festkogl, free of charge - no parking at night
- Parking Hochgurglbahn valley station, free of charge - no parking at night
- Parking Top Mountain Crosspoint, free of charge
- Parking Hochgurgl, free of charge (very small parking)
EquipmentIt is recommended to wear hiking equipment such as breathable and weather-adapted outdoor clothing, ankle-high mountain boots, wind, rain and sun protection, cap and possibly gloves. It is also important to have enough food, as well as a first-aid package, a cell phone and a hiking map.