PANORAMARESTAURANT (2.020) -> Kristallfelsen -> Steinmühle -> Stollen -> Balbach Alm (1.957m) -> Seilzug -> Kühtaile Alm (1.988m) -> Kristallwasser -> PANORAMARESTAURANT (2.020m)
Distance 2.7 km
This trail is all about Miner Kuno. Follow his lead and learn all about mining. What can you find inside caves and mines? Where do crystals come from?
Walking time: approx. 1 hr.
Station: Top station > Kristallfelsen > Steinmühle > Kunos Stollen > Balbach Alm – Kunos Seilzug > Kühtaile Alm – Kristallwasser > Top station
Refreshment stop: Balbach Alm, Kühtaile Alm
Do not forget! At the panoramic restaurant, the Balbach Alm and the Kühtaile Alm you get a "WIDI-Friends-Stamp"
Safety informationModerate mountain trail; for sure-footed and experienced hikers. Good physical condition, mountain experience & mountain equipment (see notice equipment) necessary. Please pay attention to the current weather report: www.oetztal.com
Tips and hintsMore details about hiking in Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/wandern
Getting thereThe car drive to the Ötztal valley. Situated in Tirol, the Ötztal valley set off in southerly direction and is the longest side valley in the Eastern Alps. The journey with the car leads you through the Inntal valley to the entrance of the valley and further on through the valley. Among the toll motorways you can also use the country roads. A route planner will show you the easiest and most convenient way: https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available:
- Parking Acherkogelbahn - free for guests of the gondola lift, camping prohibited
- Parking next to the river (at the end of Oetz on the right hand side) – free of charge, but limited parking; camping prohibited
- Parking Oetz town center- parking fee
- Parking at night during several days' tours: Parking Oetz town center, the ticket is available at the tourist office Oetz.
- Parking at the Ochsengartencable car station. free parking, camping prohibited
32T 646316 5230569
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentAppropriate equipment such as breathable suitable outdoor clothes for the weather, ankle-high walking boots, wind-, rain- & sun protection, hat, possibly gloves, is for all hikes and tours necessary. Please bring a first-aid box, a mobile phone, a walking map and if there is no hut on the way a snack and enough to drink.
Basic Equipment for Nature Trails
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Comfortable clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view