NIEDERTHAI parking space Sennhof (next to the information)->Larstigalm->Schweinfurter Hut->NIEDERTHAI->parking space Sennhof
Distance 5.8 km
You start by the parking space Sennhof and walk to Larstigalm (3km) or till Schweinfurter Hut (6km). From there you sled back to Niederthai.
If you want you can also walk the Grastalweg to Larstigalm and from there to Scheinfurter hut.
Tips and hintsMore details about tobogganing in Ötztal:
Getting thereThe car drive to the Ötztal valley. Situated in Tirol, the Ötztal valley set off in southerly direction and is the longest side valley in the Eastern Alps. The journey with the car leads you through the Inntal valley to the entrance of the vallly and further on through the valley. Among the toll motorways you can also use the country roads. A route planner will show you the easiest and most convenient way: https://www.google.at/maps.
ParkingAvailable parking in Niederthai:
- Parking space Sennhof (next to the information) - chargeable from 7:00 am until 6:30 pm
32T 649249 5221317
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentAppropriate equipment such as breathable suitable outdoor clothes for the weather, wind-, rain-, snow- and sun protection, hat and gloves is for all hikes and tours necessary. Please bring a first-aid box, a mobile phone, a walking map and if there is no hut on the way a snack and enough to drink.
Basic Equipment for Sledding
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
Technical Equipment for Sledding
- Sled with tow strap
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons are useful on ascent
- Ski Helmet recommended when sledding through heavily wooded areas
- Ski goggles if required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view