PANORAMARESTAURANT HOCHOETZ -> Bielefelder Hütte -> ROSSKOPF
You take the cable car from Oetz or Ochsengarten to Hochoetz. From the Panorama Restaurant you walk up to Bielfelder Hütte (2.150m). You pass by the hut and walk on the steep path higher up to the crosspoint "Alte Bielfelder Hütte". This trail goes up to the next crosspoint. There you turn left and hike up to Rosskopf (2.399m).
On the way back you can make the tour to "Old Bielefelder Hut" and Acherberg Alm.
Safety informationModerate mountain trail; for sure-footed and experienced hikers. Good physical condition, mountain experience & mountain equipment (see notice equipment) necessary. Please pay attention to the current weather report: www.oetztal.com
Tips, hints and linksMore details about hiking in Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/wandern
Getting thereThe car drive to the Ötztal valley. Situated in Tirol, the Ötztal valley set off in southerly direction and is the longest side valley in the Eastern Alps. The journey with the car leads you through the Inntal valley to the entrance of the valley and further on through the valley. Among the toll motorways you can also use the country roads. A route planner will show you the easiest and most convenient way: https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available:
- Parking Acherkogelbahn - free for guests of the gondola lift, camping prohibited
- Parking next to the river (at the end of Oetz on the right hand side) – free of charge, but limited parking; camping prohibited
- Parking Oetz town center- parking fee
- Parking at night during several days' tours: Parking Oetz town center, the ticket is available at the tourist office Oetz.
- Parking at the Ochsengartencable car station. free parking, camping prohibited
32T 646283 5230538
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentAppropriate equipment such as breathable suitable outdoor clothes for the weather, ankle-high walking boots, wind-, rain- & sun protection, hat, possibly gloves, is for all hikes and tours necessary. Please bring a first-aid box, a mobile phone, a walking map and if there is no hut on the way a snack and enough to drink.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.