Der familienfreundliche Klettersteig hat zwei schwerere C Passagen die etwas Erfahrung erfordern.
Length / Time
100meters of difference in altitude on a 400 meter long climbing route. Climbing time: approx. 1.5 - 2 hours;
3 hours incl. descent.
Safety informationSAFETY ON THE VIA FERRATA
The Austrian Alpine Club has published 10 recommendations for climbing on via ferratas in order to increase safety:
- Plan carefully
- Destination should correspond to personal abilities
- Use complete set of professional climbing equipment
- Don’t access the route in the event of a thunderstorm
- Check wire rope and anchors accurately and critically
- Partner check at the access point
- Maintain sufficient distance
- Talk clearly when overtaking someone
- Watch out for falling rocks
- Respect nature and environment
Required age for children: 10 years (1,40 m height)
Tips and hintsVia Ferrata basic knowledge is necessary.This via ferrata is graded B-C, most sections are of intermediate difficulty (B) and therefore also perfect for families with children over 10 years - if using an additional safety rope.
More details about climbing in Ötztal:
Getting thereThe car drive to the Ötztal valley. Situated in Tirol, the Ötztal valley set off in southerly direction and is the longest side valley in the Eastern Alps. The journey with the car leads you through the Inntal valley to the entrance of the valley and further on through the valley. Among the toll motorways you can also use the country roads. A route planner will show you the easiest and most convenient was: https://www.google.at/maps.
The following parking facilities are available in Gurgl:
- Parking garage (center of Obergurgl), chargeable | € 2,00/hour
- Parking garage - bottom station Festkogl, chargeable | € 2,00/hour
- Parking Hochgurglbahn valley station, free of charge - no parking at night
- Parking Top Mountain Crosspoint, free of charge
- Parking Hochgurgl, free of charge (very small parking)