Right from the beginning of this splendid MTB tour the stunning Alpine scenery of the Ötztal Alps make a lovely backdrop. Starting point is the tourist information in Niederthai: you follow Bergmahderweg trail, leading up the valley along Horlachtal. At the height of the mountain brook you turn into the gravel path towards Grastal, conquering some 200 meters of altitude gain. The return route to Niederthai travels along a wonderful single trail and a gravel path. This 7.6 km long MTB tour features 468 meters of altitude gain and is just perfect for a leisurely mountain bike outing in the morning.
Tips and hintsMore details about biking & cycling in Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/biken
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.