Follow Trail no. 10 and cross Pirchhütter Achbrücke bridge. Leaving behind Loobbach brook you turn left into a steeply winding trail that leads along a beautiful mountain slope up to the terraced lake area. Walking on this scenic "Seenplatte" area you will discover a huge variety of Alpine fauna and flora - including rare blossoms and Alpine animals in their natural habitat. Admire the remains of glacier fields and its idyllic Alpine lakes, narrow cirques and rushing mountain brooks. Water is all around! From lovely lake Soomsee you walk southwards on an almost level route with some downhill stretches towards Lehnerkar cirque and Ramolweg trail, Küppelealm hut. From here you return to Obergurgl.
Walking time: 5 hours
Updated: July 30, 2018
Tips, hints and linksMore details about hiking In Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/wandern
Getting thereObergurgl is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingIn Obergurgl-Hochgurgl the following parking facilities are available:
- Car park Village center Obergurgl (in front of the church on the right, behind the multi-purpose building where the information office is located)
- Parking lot with coin entrance Parking Place entrance - valley station Festkoglbahn, free of charge
- Parking Hochgurglbahn valley station, free of charge - no parking at night
- Parking Top Mountain Crosspoint, free of charge
- Parking Hochgurgl, free of charge (very small parking)
32T 654439 5192733
EquipmentIt is recommended to wear hiking equipment such as outdoor clothing, weather-resistant outdoor clothing, ankle-high mountain boots, wind, rain and sun protection, cap and gloves. It is also important to have sufficient food and a first-aid package, a cell phone and a hiking map.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.