TUMPEN -> car park elementary school -> "Grube" -> crossroads -> Vordere Tumpenalm -> GEHSTEIGALM
Distance 9.7 km
From the car park of the elementary school in Tumpen follow the road towards "Grube" - then turn to the left and follow the forest path further upwards passing the Tumpener waterfall. At the last crossroads, turn left towards the "Vordere Tumpenalm" and "Gehsteigalm". Shortly before the Vordere Tumpenalm, the forest path continues to the left, until you reach the Gehsteigalm (not managed). The small rustic mountain hut, which has been lovingly cared for several generations, not only impresses visually - the view of the surrounding peaks of the Ötztal and Stubai Alps is also enchanting.
Getting thereThe car drive to the Ötztal valley. Situated in Tirol, the Ötztal valley set off in southerly direction and is the longest side valley in the Eastern Alps. The journey with the car leads you through the Inntal valley to the entrance of the valley and further on through the valley. Among the toll motorways you can also use the country roads. A route planner will show you the easiest and most convenient way: https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingIn Tumpen the following parking facilities are available:
- car park at the elementary school | free
32T 644671 5226382
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentAppropriate equipment such as breathable suitable outdoor clothes for the weather, ankle-high walking boots, wind-, rain- & sun protection, hat, possibly gloves, is for all hikes and tours necessary. Please bring a first-aid box, a mobile phone, a walking map and if there is not hut on the way a snack and enough to drink.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view