OETZ -> Piburg -> Piburger See -> Elsinger Weg -> Oetz
Distance 6.8 km
From the village center in Oetz over the Piburger bridge - turn left ath the soccer court- over the wide forest trail (Elsinger Weg) up to Piburger See. Along the flat bank of the lake to the hamlet of Piburg. Return over the road to Oetz.
Safety informationPlease inform yourself about the conditions and status of the respective winter hiking trail at Ötztal Tourismus.
T +43 5 72 00 500
Tips and hintsMore details about winter hiking in Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/winterwandern
Getting thereOetz is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Oetz / Piburg:
- Parking Acherkogelbahn - free for guests of the gondola lift, camping prohibited
- Parking lot Raftingeinsteinstelle (at the end of Oetz on the right side) - free, but limited parking (alternatively Acherkogelbahn 150 m), camping prohibited
- Oetz parking area (subject to a charge)
- Parking Piburg at the Hotel Seerose, subject to charges.
32T 643704 5229458
EquipmentIt is recommended to wear hiking equipment such as outdoor clothing, weather-resistant outdoor clothing, ankle-high mountain boots, wind, rain and sun protection, cap and gloves. It is also important to have sufficient food and a first-aid package, a cell phone and a hiking map.
Basic Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons at minimum and a basic ice axe are recommended when covering steeper terrain
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view