PANORAMARESTAURANT HOCHOETZ --> BALBACH ALM
Distance 1.8 km
Take the gondola Acherkogelbahn to Hochoetz. From there you follow the forest road at the left hand side. Pass by Kühtaile Alm and follow the easy way to Balbach Alm. The path is also possible for child carrier and also suitable for wheel chair with electric support.
Alternative possibility: First hiking up to Mohrenkopf and from there down to Balbach Alm: approx: 45 minutes
Up from Ochsengarten through the forest: approx. 1 hour
Lot's of fun for kids with "KUNOs Seilzug"
Safety informationModerate mountain trail; for sure-footed and experienced hikers. Good physical condition, mountain experience & mountain equipment (see notice equipment) necessary. Please pay attention to the current weather report: www.oetztal.com
Tips and hintsMore details about hiking in Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/wandern
Getting thereTravel safe and comfortable with the train to the Ötztal Bahnhof train station. Last stop and exit point is the train station Ötztal Bahnhof. Afterwards you can travel smoothly and quick with the public transport or our local taxi companies through the valley to your desired destination. Please find the current bus timetable here: http://fahrplan.vvt.at
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available:
- Parking Acherkogelbahn - free for guests of the gondola lift, camping prohibited
- Parking next to the river (at the end of Oetz on the right hand side) – free of charge, but limited parking; camping prohibited
- Parking Oetz town center- parking fee
- Parking at night during several days' tours: Parking Oetz town center, the ticket is available at the tourist office Oetz.
- Parking at the Ochsengartencable car station. free parking, camping prohibited
32T 646316 5230571
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentAppropriate equipment such as breathable suitable outdoor clothes for the weather, ankle-high walking boots, wind-, rain- & sun protection, hat, possibly gloves, is for all hikes and tours necessary. Please bring a first-aid box, a mobile phone, a walking map and if there is no hut on the way a snack and enough to drink.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view