Distance 14.8 km
From Vent over the meadows and the Hängebrücke to Rofen. From there continue to the material cable railway of the Vernagthütte and continue through the impressive Rofner Gorge on the first moderately, then steeply ascending path to the Hochjoch Hospiz. From there in steep serpentine up the slope, after about 15 minutes walking time, the path branches off to the left; Past the wild tattered tongue of the Kesselwandferners. The last part of the route leads over the boiler wall remover (only with rope and in a group).
Update: July 31, 2018
Tips and hintsMore details about hiking In Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/wandern
Getting thereVent is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Vent:
In front of the village and at the valley station from the chair lift (payable)
32T 645858 5191279
EquipmentIt is recommended to wear hiking equipment such as breathable and weather-adapted outdoor clothing, ankle-high mountain boots, wind, rain and sun protection, cap and possibly gloves. It is also important to have enough food, as well as a first-aid package, a cell phone and a hiking map.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view