The trail leads through lush patures to Schönwieshütte. Here you continue through rock strewn grass slopes to the peak of Hangerer. 300 m below the peak you have to cross a snow field. The ascent is a bit stenuous but well worth it for the magnificent views of the Ötztal and South Tirolean Alps.
- from Obergurgl (1,930 m): 3,5 hrs
- from Schönwieshütte (2,262 m): 2,5 hrs
Updated: July 31, 2018
Tips, hints and linksMore details about hiking In Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/wandern
Getting thereObergurgl is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingIn Obergurgl-Hochgurgl the following parking facilities are available:
- Car park Village center Obergurgl (in front of the church on the right, behind the multi-purpose building where the information office is located)
- Parking lot with coin entrance Parking Place entrance - valley station Festkoglbahn, free of charge
- Parking Hochgurglbahn valley station, free of charge - no parking at night
- Parking Top Mountain Crosspoint, free of charge
- Parking Hochgurgl, free of charge (very small parking)
32T 654440 5192730
EquipmentIt is recommended to wear hiking equipment such as outdoor clothing, weather-resistant outdoor clothing, ankle-high mountain boots, wind, rain and sun protection, cap and gloves. It is also important to have sufficient food and a first-aid package, a cell phone and a hiking map.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.