0.5 km long, floodlit until 9.00 pm
Distance 0.5 km
The romantic hamlet of Piburg offers a lovely toboggan run. From Piburg you can walk towards the start of the track. The unique highlight: this toboggan run is floodlit daily until 9.00 pm.Toboggan rental is available in Piburg at Hotel Seerose and Gasthof Piburgersee.
Safety informationIt is recommended to wear hiking equipment such as outdoor clothing, weather-resistant outdoor clothing, ankle-high mountain boots, wind, rain and sun protection, cap and gloves. It is also important to have sufficient food and a first-aid package, a cell phone and a hiking map.
Tips and hintsMore details about tobogganing in Ötztal:
Getting therePiburg is located in the West of Austria, more exactly in the province of TIROL. It is a south-facing side valley of the Inntal – the ÖTZTAL. Plan the quickest and easiest travel route from your home town to the Ötztal valley online with the Route Planner:
ParkingAvailable parking in Oetz/Piburg:
parking piburg at Hotel Seerose - chargeable
32T 642413 5228606
- Sturdy shoes with non-slip sole
- Helmet with ski goggles
- Warm, waterproof clothing
- Flashlight or headlamp for sledding at night
Basic Equipment for Sledding
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
Technical Equipment for Sledding
- Sled with tow strap
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons are useful on ascent
- Ski Helmet recommended when sledding through heavily wooded areas
- Ski goggles if required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view