Exception: Due to an agreement with the huntsman please do not between 31 October and 31 To climb in December!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to restoring and rock clearing work, the climbig garden is largely closed until further notice. Only the sections "Grauer Pfeiler", "Koralle" and "Plankton" are open and accessible via the eastern entry.
General Route Grading: +++
Route length: 10 - 30 meters
Difficulty / number of routes: 4- - 8-, 57 routes
Route Type: single-pitch rotues, multi-pitch routes
Structure / Quality of the rock: solid, grey, plate-like limestone / mostly very good
Altitude: 750 meters
Best seasons: spring, summer, fall, warm winter days
To the rocks: 15 minutes
Useful advice and a few tips to make climbing easier and safer:
- Get familiar with the equipment: use only standardized mountain sports equipment (CE sign) & study instructions for use accurately
- Partner check before starting: double-check your knots, harness buckle, belay system, karabiners, snaplinks and the end of the rope
- Let your climbing partner know what's going on: communication prevents misunderstandings, let your belayer know when he has to take your weight on the rope
- Act respectfully: respect other climbers and inform them of mistakes and dangers; always respect areas where climbing is not allowed
- Protect your head
- No rope on rope contact
- Warm up before you start climbing: gymnastics and warm-up climbing protects your joints, muscles and tendons
- Full attention while belaying: the life of your climbing partner is in your hands
- It is strictly forbidden to fix new climbing hooks
No matter if you enjoy sports climbing or a via ferrata tour, you should always take a first aid kit and a cell phone with a full battery with you!
140 – Mountain Rescue – Alpine Emergency Call
112 – European Emergency Call (works with any mobile phone & in any network available)
Without a radio network signal or in a dead spot no emergency call is possible. Change to a better location and dial 112 regularly. European Emergency Call: Access to any network available if you switch on your mobile phone and dial 112 instead of the PIN code or if you use the SOS Emergency Call feature.
- Who reports/callback number?
- Where exactly is the accident site?
- What happened?
- How many injured persons?
- Weather conditions at the accident site?
Tirol Mountain Rescue Emergency App
Smartphone users can install the new emergency call app of “Bergrettung Tirol”. It helps to place an emergency call and transmits your own location data at the same time.
HERE you can download the app for iOS devices
HERE you download it for Android smartphones
Tips and hints
More details about climbing in Ötztal:
Internet tip: Climbers Paradise
The Climbers Paradise internet platform not only informs about the huge range of climbing possibilities in Ötztal but also acts as a hazard detection center strongly focusing on safety in climbing sports. Also available as an app for iPhones and Android smartphones.
The new "Sport climbing - via ferrata - ice climbing - Holiday Regions of Imst, Pitztal and Ötztal" climbing guide contains the most up to date topographic details of countless climbing areas within the holiday regions of Imst, Pitztal and Ötztal.
The climbing guidebook features all areas incl. route lists, route statistics, area descriptions, toolbars, topographic details, directions and photos. Plus quotes and descriptions by local experts and climbers, talking about their favorite rock climbing areas.
This ring file is particularly handy as it can be completely opened and folded. Many outstanding climbing and landscape pictures promise a perfect impression of the respective rocks, via ferrata routes and ice falls. In short: A modern climbing guide that leaves nothing to be desired and makes you yearning for a climbing adventure in the holiday regions of Imst, Pitztal and Ötztal.
Climbing guide content:
- 1 Area overview map
- 3 Overview sketches of rock climbing area
- 2 Overview sketches of ice climbing area
- 44 How to get to the rock climbing areas or via ferratas
- 85 How to get to the ice climbing areas
- 124 Topographic details of rock climbing areas or via ferratas
- 380 Pictures
Authors: Günter Durner, Gerhard Gstettner
Pages: 306 Format: 22 x 18 cm, ring file (half covered) in landscape format
Price: € 25.60
The climbing guide is available at all Ötztal Tourismus information offices. You can order it also by phone on +43 (0) 57200 or via e-mail: email@example.com
By roadHaiming liegt im Westen Österreichs im Bundesland TIROL, im Inntal. Für Ihre Anreise mit dem Auto planen Sie die optimale Reiseroute von Ihrem Heimatort mit dem Routenplaner gleich online: https://www.google.at/maps
From Haiming to the village's rafting center (follow the signposts), keep to the left, cross the Autobahn on the right after approx. 100 m (gravel trail), straight ahead towards the climbing garden.